Can I claim for a TENS machine via Extras cover?
To claim, you need to:
- be on Top Extras with any applicable waiting period served
- submit a completed Aids and Appliances form (signed by your health practitioner).
You may be able to claim towards the purchase of TENS machines that are:
- TGA-approved and classified
- purchased from a registered Australian business with a physical presence in Australia and claimed with an itemised tax invoice that shows the name of the patient (i.e. the person who’ll be using the machine).
You can’t claim towards products that are:
- circulation boosters
- purchased from Rob Paynter
- Dr Ho’s.
Like most services under the Artificial Aids & Appliances benefit, TENS machine has an annual sub-limit (maximum amount you can claim in a calendar year). You can check your remaining limits via our member app or Online Member Services.