Can I claim for mastectomy bras or swim forms via Extras cover?
To claim for mastectomy bras, Valetta tops or swim forms, you need to:
- be on Top Extras cover with any applicable waiting period served
- purchase the product(s) from a registered Australian business with a physical presence in Australia.
If you’ve claimed this benefit before – or for services to prevent or treat breast cancer – that’s all we’ll need to process your claim.
If you haven’t, please also submit:
- a completed Aids and Appliances form (signed by your doctor)
- an itemised tax invoice that shows the name of the patient (i.e. the person who’ll be using the device).
Please note that you can’t claim towards:
- breast prostheses or inserts. *
*You may be able to claim towards breast prostheses and inserts via Medicare. See more on the External Breast Prostheses Reimbursement Program