At Teachers Health, we get what it means to work in education. You’re super busy. You’re positively shaping lives. And you’re doing it for the love of the job. So, it’s more important than ever that your health insurance works hard to look after you.
That’s what we’re here for. We started back in 1954, established by the NSW Teachers Federation to provide cost-effective private health insurance exclusively for members of the education industry and their families. We’ve grown a bit since our foundation membership of 2,600 people and today Teachers Health looks after over 360,000 teachers, education staff and their families around Australia.
We’ve made the same promise to each and every one of our members. To be there for them. And to care for them in sickness and health – because their wellbeing is so important to so many people.
While we’ve grown, our mission to inspire and support eligible members to achieve the best possible health outcomes hasn’t changed. Today those members include teachers and administration and support staff working in public, private and independent primary and secondary school, as well as tertiary institutions.
We’re one big family here so membership is also open to families of those in the education community – current (or former) spouse/partner, dependant children, adult children (or their partner or dependant child), siblings (or their partners or dependant children), parents and grandchildren. Read more about eligibility.
At Teachers Health, we’re proud to be:
- Australia’s largest industry-based health fund
- a member of Members Health Fund Alliance
- an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- Private Health Insurer of the Year 2015, 2013 (Roy Morgan Research Customer Satisfaction Awards).
At Teachers Health, we focus on our members and our community. We’re not-for-profit which means we can focus on the good stuff – like sponsorships, scholarships, and making sure our members get the best possible value – instead of payouts for shareholders.
We’re here to support and inspire the health and wellbeing of you and your family, so you can get on with leading the life you love. To put it simply, we put people before profits.
Because of this approach we’re:
- committed to our members and today look after over 360,000 teachers, education staff and their families around Australia
- lucky to have some of the most loyal members in the industry (with an industry leading retention rate of over 96%)
- keeping our management expenses low (below the industry average of 8.8% at 6.9% in the last financial year)
- part of a strong community – our Business Development Officers visited over 1,900 schools and education workplaces across the country last year.
Members Health Fund Alliance
Teachers Health is proudly part of Members Health Fund Alliance, the peak industry body for not-for-profit health funds that all share a common ethic of putting their members’ health before profit.
For more information, visit the Members Health Fund Alliance website.