Landlord insurance

Get a quote

Cover for Residential Landlords

Getting landlord insurance can help cover your investment property for unexpected events such as fire or malicious damage to your building or contents.

Emergency repairs - at your request, CGU can arrange assistance for emergency repairs through their preferred repairer and supplier network.
Accidental breakage cover - If a tenant or their guest damages items like basins, baths or fixed glass.
Water or liquid damage cover - if the loss or damage is caused as a result of a listed event (exclusions apply)
Vandalism cover - If your tenants or their guests cause deliberate damage (exclusions apply)
Cover for a tenant pet damage - Up to $2,500 cover for accidental damage or loss caused by your tenant’s pet.
Loss of rent cover (optional extra) - Up to 12 months' rent if a rental property is uninhabitable after a listed incident (up to the sum insured chosen)
Optional cover for rental default and theft by a tenant - Up to $5,000 (less any applicable excess or bond) and cover if your tenants or their guests steal part of your building or any insured contents (exclusions and conditions apply)
Liability cover (optional extra)

Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full terms and conditions.

Flood cover

Flood Cover

All levels of landlord insurance feature flood cover. 

Flood Cover additional information

Important documents

Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Target Market Determinations to find out more about what’s covered and what’s not.

Landlord PDS

Target Market Determination

Contact us


Here for you 24/7

Unfortunate events are often also unexpected. That’s why you can call 13 24 80 at any time to make a claim.