Can I claim for travel related to my hospital treatment?

Not under Hospital cover.

You might be able to claim if you have Top Extras and need to travel more than 200km (return trip) to be treated for a serious medical condition. Your doctor or specialist will have to confirm you can’t get the treatment closer to home.

It’s worth finding out if you qualify for a government subsidy for this one, as they can cover travel and accommodation costs. Select your state or territory to learn more:

ACT | NSW | NT | Qld | SA | Tas | Vic | WA