Coming off the family membership is a good time for your soon-to-be ex-dependant to consider their healthcare needs and take control of their own (health insurance) destiny!
If they’d like our help with that, you can enter their details into our dependant contact form and we’ll reach out to answer any questions they may have.
Because we love ya
When your dependant gets their own membership, there are treats all round!
Here are three considerations for ex-dependants:
- Waiting periods – your dependant has 60 days to get their own cover (after coming off yours) if they want to avoid re-serving waiting periods
- Medicare Levy Surcharge – higher earners with Hospital cover avoid paying extra tax
- Lifetime Health Cover – older ex-dependants should know about this government initiative, which encourages Australians to get Hospital cover by 1 July after their 31st birthday.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions for us, call 1300 727 538 (Monday – Thursday 8am – 8pm, Friday 8am – 6pm, Saturday 8.30am – 12.30pm AEST/AEDT).
*1. Ex-dependants get one month’s free cover and we’ll waive the 2 & 6 month waiting periods on Extras when joining with Hospital and/or Extras cover. Use promo code EXDEP when joining.
2. This offer is only available to ex-dependants who’ve been removed from their parent's existing Teachers Health membership who take out their own membership within two months.
3. The ex-dependant must select a Direct Debit payment plan.
4. One month's free cover is applied to the second month of the new membership, once we’ve received the ex-dependant’s first premium payment.
5. If there is a gap in cover over two months, all waiting periods must be re-served.
6. Waiting periods for any benefits not covered on the ex-dependant’s parent's cover will still apply.
7. To retain any loyalty benefits accrued, the new membership must start from the day after the dependant was removed from their parent's policy.
8. The offer does not apply to Emergency Ambulance only policies.
*Eligibility criteria and conditions apply. Offer is available to current members who refer an eligible friend or family member to join Teachers Health by 30 June 2022. When joining online, over the phone or in person with a Business Development Officer the new member must quote your membership number. See full terms and conditions.