How do I suspend one (or more) people, but leave others on the membership?

It depends on who wants to suspend their cover:

Primary member

If you’re on a Couple or Family membership, you’ll have to make your partner the primary member during the suspension period.

To do this, complete the relevant section on the application to suspend cover form ensuring you both sign your respective declarations to confirm this is a mutual decision.


Application to suspend cover declaration section



Simply specify their name on the application to suspend cover form!

Single parent

Dependant(s) can’t become the primary member, so you’ll need to suspend the whole membership using the application to suspend cover form.

To maintain continuous cover during the suspension period, your dependant(s) will need their own. They can cancel theirs and rejoin yours when you reactivate your membership on your return.