What do I need to provide to claim for travel expenses?
The requirements vary slightly depending on whether you see the closest specialist (outside that 200km round-trip boundary), or one who’s further away.
Please provide one of the following:
- Letter from treating doctor confirming your attendance (on practice letterhead)
- Copy of treating doctor’s official account/invoice
- Copy of Medicare ‘Statement of Claim and Benefit Payment’ (if applicable)
- Copy of Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS) form (if applicable).
Whichever of these you submit, your documentation must include:
- Patient’s name
- Date(s) of service
- Doctor’s name
- Doctor’s provider number
- Practice address.
Not the closest specialist
Provide the information listed above, and the details of your referring doctor:
- Referring doctor’s name
- Referring doctor’s provider number.