What information does my receipt need to show for an Extras claim?
Your receipt must be on an official letterhead, or stamped with a provider stamp, and show the:
- Name of the practitioner providing the service
- Address where the service was provided
- Provider’s contact number
- Provider number (if available) and/or provider’s registration number with professional associations
- Signature of the provider (or their representative).
The receipt should be itemised with the following details:
- Patient name
- Date, type and cost of each individual service
- Body part identifier, prescription/script number or tooth identification where required
- Whether the bill has been paid.
We can’t accept receipts with handwritten provider details or alterations to the costs.