Giving back to members
Teachers Health Group* has been returning COVID-related claims savings to members since the pandemic began.
Following last year’s $31 million give-back (via direct payments), we’re doing it again in 2023. This time it’s even bigger – around $55 million!
Direct payments are the simplest and fastest method of returning the savings. Plus, you decide how to use the money, at a time when many household budgets are under pressure.
Read on for information on eligibility, amounts, timing and preparing for your payment.
Important: Please follow the steps below for adding, checking and/or updating your bank details before we start issuing payments. This is essential for anyone who still receives cheque payments from us.
Payments will be issued to memberships with Hospital and/or Extras cover that:
- Paid up-to-date
- Not suspended
On both these dates:
- 1 July 2022
- 1 August 2023
- Have valid direct credit bank account details on file with us (this is the bank account we pay your claims into).
It’s one payment per membership based on your health cover on 1 July 2022. Amounts vary according to your:
- Type of cover – Hospital, Extras or both
- Level of cover – e.g. Top Hospital, Essential Extras, StarterPak
- Membership – e.g. Single, Couple, Family or Single Parent
As mentioned above, we need your current bank details on file to transfer your give-back payment. Please log in to Online Member Services to check/update your details no later than 31 July 2023. Here’s how:
- Log in
- Go to Payments
- Click Payment Details - Claims
- Click Edit
- Select Bank account as Account type
- Enter BSB
- Enter Account number
- Enter Account name
- Click Next
- Tick Declaration (I declare that the above information is true and correct. I hereby authorise the above changes to my membership)
- Click Submit.
Still receiving cheque payments?
If you’ve been receiving your claims payments via cheque, you’ll need to register your bank details to be eligible for the give-back. Please do so (via the steps above) no later 31 July 2023.