Here for you. For good.
If COVID-19’s been a source of anxiety for you, you’re not alone. Worrying about physical and mental health, finances, work, relationships, lifestyle restrictions – it’s all in there. While there’s a lot of things we can’t fix, please know that we’re here for you. Here’s what we’re doing to help.
We can’t green light postponed surgeries or end restrictions affecting Extras providers. But we’ve made a number of changes to help members get the most out of their cover during COVID-19. Key updates include:
- Access to telehealth services – We’ve always paid benefits towards telepsychology under Extras cover – we’ve extended this to physiotherapy, dietetics, speech therapy and more.
- Cover for COVID-19 – Members on all levels of Hospital cover are covered for COVID-19 admissions.
These are temporary measures that’ll be reviewed on 30 September 2020.
Your health & wellbeing
A bit of extra support can make a real difference during tough times. That's what the Teachers Healthcare Services team specialise in.
They help eligible members with Hospital cover access a range of support services, including Care Coordination, Mental Wellness and Hospital Substitute Services.
We’ve also expanded our New Family Program to support more members during COVID-19.
As a not-for-profit health fund, we exist to look after our members, not provide payouts to shareholders. These changes are designed to lessen your financial stress:
- Premium increases postponed – 1 April premium increases are postponed until 1 October (to be reviewed closer to this date).
- Financial hardship – If you’ve lost your income due to COVID-19, you can apply to suspend your membership for up to 12 months. (You don’t have to re-serve waiting periods after a suspension.)
- Suspension (overseas travel) – We’ve relaxed the rules on suspension to better support members who suspended their cover and are stuck overseas or had to return early.
Members who've lost their income due to COVID-19 may be able to suspend their membership for up to 12 months.
We're paying benefits towards a range of telehealth services.